Reuse, Reduce, and Recycle!
- What are your goals? Do you want a year-to-year sign-up, or do you want to establish a “mentoring” situation?
- Do you have dependable, organized, willing community volunteers and parents who will support litter-collection efforts, recycling drives,etc.?
- Create a “handbook” with Do’s for reusing, reducing waste, and recycling. Set an example by implementing “little changes” in the ways which you handle classroom and school materials. Look for every opportunity to use the “teachable moment”, as you share what you are learning. BE A CO-LEARNER and COACH!
- Join Auntie Litter, Inc., and receive her exciting, thought-provoking newsletter, Earth Day celebration activities, and other community projects.
- Network with other teachers, community members, and parents to have them share what they do to practice the 3 R’s: reuse, reduce waste, and recycle.